Faculty and staff engagement groups
Faculty and staff are the innovators and collaborators who help to advance our university's mission and develop tomorrow's leaders for a global society. When our faculty and staff feel connected, supported, and encouraged, they are better equipped to serve the students with whom they work. Below are our faculty and staff engagement groups who seek to make the campus a welcoming and inclusive space for all.
Black Faculty and Staff Association (BFSA)
The WSU Black Faculty & Staff Association aims to create a sense of community by serving as an organized support network to help members navigate the university system while providing a platform to express their thoughts, concerns, needs and contributions to support the overall mission of the institution.
- Co-Chair: JaMay Edwards (JaMay@wayne.edu ) | Alumni Relations Officer, College of Engineering
- Co-Chair: Diane McMillan (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Part-time Faculty, School of Social Work
- Treasurer: LaNita Stewart (Lstewart@med.wayne.edu) | Administrative Assistant II, School of Medicine
- Corresponding Secretary: Takiyah S. Vincent (Takiyah.email@example.com) Manager, Office of Academic Student Affairs
- Recording Secretary: Nicole Stokes, ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) Program Coordinator, MathCorps
- Instagram @waynestatebfsa
Latinx Faculty and Staff Association (LFSA)
Latinx Faculty and Staff Association (LFSA) consists of self-identified Latino/a/x faculty and staff at Wayne State University. Our presence enriches the university because of our contributions and our commitment to the intellectual and community life at Wayne State and the greater Detroit area. The mission of the LatinX Faculty & Staff Association is to build an inclusive community and provide support for Wayne State's Latina/o/x faculty, staff and students across all levels and across the entire campus community.
Queer Faculty and Staff Organization (QWSU)
The Queer Faculty and Staff Organization (QWSU) aids to create spaces and programming for LGBTQIA+ folks working at Wayne State University by tackling concerns and being a voice for all queer initiatives on campus. All are welcome to attend our events, regardless of identity.
Wayne State University Association of Chinese Faculty and Staff (WSU-ACFS)
ACFS, founded on April 10, 2021, is open to Wayne State University faculty and staff of Chinese heritage and their allies, regardless of their country of origin or citizenship.
WSU-AFCS is a non-profit and non-political organization. It aims to promote interests and collaborations among its members; to exchange ideas of how to thrive at Wayne State University and how to excel as educators, researchers, and community contributors; to enhance communications among the Chinese community, University leadership, and other ethnic groups on campus; to serve as a support network to University missions and affairs, and to promote academic and cultural exchange among the Chinese community and other ally communities.
WSU Middle Eastern North African+ Employee Association (WSU MENA+)
WSU MENA+ Employee Association aims to build a sense of community, educate, and celebrate our cultural richness. Our mission is to build a platform that empowers, supports and connects members, promotes cultural sensitivity, and fosters professional development. All are welcome to join and attend our events, regardless of identity.
- Co-Chair: Ranae Hamama, email@example.com| Associate Director, Transfer Student Success
- Co-Chair: Vacant
- Secretary: Nora Alhussainy, firstname.lastname@example.org | Academic Advisor III, Biological Sciences
- Treasurer: Hassan Hussein, email@example.com| Grant/Contract Administrator
- PR/Communication: Brandon Shamoun, firstname.lastname@example.org | Assistant Director of Student Involvement, Dean of Students Office
- Engagement and Outreach Officer: Anwar Najor-Durack, email@example.com | Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, School of Social Work and Steve Wassef, firstname.lastname@example.org | Senior Systems Administrator, Computing & Info Technology
Warrior Moms of Wayne State University (Warrior Moms)
Warrior Moms aims to provide a supportive community for moms that offers programming and events for the entire campus, while also creating a safe space to share ideas, challenges, and wins for the enrichment and betterment of working moms at Wayne State University.
- Chair: Jessica Pfeiffer (email@example.com) | Academic Services Officer III, Applebaum Office of Student Affairs
- Vice-Chair: Jozy Hayek (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Academic Services Officer III, Applebaum Division of Pharmacy
- Secretary: Estenia Elisevich (email@example.com) | Academic Advisor I, Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies (LAS)
- Treasurer: Tiffany Lloyd, (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Secretary IV, Applebaum Office of Student Affairs