Education and training
The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion offers professional development opportunities and educational workshops for faculty and staff related to topics of diversity, equity, inclusion, and intercultural competence. The Office of Multicultural Student Engagement offers programs, events, and workshops designed for students.
Through education and training initiatives we seek to cultivate a campus community that is equitable and inclusive. Some of our key initiatives include but are not limited to:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Learning & Development Series (DEI L&D Series)
- Juneteenth (Leading up to Juneteenth and during the week of Juneteenth)
- National Day of Healing from Racism
- Community Dialogue Circles
Workshops or training by request
We provide effective and engaging DEI and intercultural competence workshops by request for faculty and staff within Wayne State schools, colleges, departments, and divisions depending upon availability. Some of the most meaningful workshops are created in partnership and designed specifically for a department or team.
Examples of workshops include:
- Foundations of DEI
- Values, culture, and leadership
- Fostering deep self-awareness: Exploring our biases
- Identifying and interrupting microaggressions
- Relationships matter: Leading and supervising restoratively
Contact Alex Boesch, Intercultural Training Director, at email@example.com if you have any questions.